Daniel Carr: Evoking Moods in Wordless Tracks
Guest Daniel Carr joins Anne Dorko on Mind the Artist to discuss his track Spelunking – and how he evokes different types of moods in wordless tracks with the end goal of storytelling and game music composition in mind.
Click here to hear Spelunking!
Daniel Carr is an avid gamer aspiring to become a video game music composer. He's played drums for 20+ years, piano for 10+ and sang jazz and opera in college as a tenor. Internet content creator through Twitch, YouTube and SoundCloud.
Find Daniel and support his work:
- [1:01] Rapid interview
- [3:44] The style of music Daniel makes
- [5:12] How Daniel started with music
- [5:54] Inspirations for creating music
- [6:35] The role of music in Daniel's content creation
- [6:58] Inspiration for Spelunking
- [8:34] Personal rule for writing a song
- [9:23] Three words to describe the mood of Spelunking
- [12:05] What Daniel hopes people feel during a track
- [12:54] Conveying a message using certain sounds and music tropes
- [15:57] Challenge to leave feedback on Spelunking
- [18:10] Advice for other musicians
- [18:18] What other content Daniel creates
- [21:12] Daniel's career goals
- [24:48] Future challenges
- [28:49] Learn more about Daniel Carr, Mind the Artist, and Dorko.tv
Or, give Soundcloud a spin.
Subscribe to the Dorko.tv newsletter for Mind the Artist podcast updates, Anne Dorko’s song releases, and more!
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Your podcast host is Anne Dorko #Tunesmith for Hire
A chaotic good project from Dorko.tv